Friday, May 26, 2017

Hours Late...

Well, I'm hours late with this entry because I don't have Internet connection at home. Why? I don't know; I tried unplugging the major outlets several times and I still can't get it. It may be that something is loose, but I just don't know what and if I unplug, I'm afraid I won't be able to re-secure it. Woe is me.
So I'm at the library and this will be short, as our BIG SHOW at 6:30.
Thursday: Called Betty to chat in the morning, but I can barely remember what else I did before I left for SCAN. Got there at 12:30 to meet a few of the players for an impromptu rehearsal. I coached Carolyn, who seems to be doing marginally better, plus Carole, Luisa, Char, and Sharon. They actually have improved a fair amount, which I was sure to tell them, and I'm feeling slightly more optimistic about the show. Carole still sounds monotonal, although she varied her tone a notch with my coaching. Char still talks like some kind of zombie--slow and ponderous--but I revved her up a bit. Luisa's usual conversational elements are kind of a sneering sarcasm, mixed with derision. It drives me crazy, but when I got her toned down a bit, it fit the character she's playing.
Didn't get lunch until after 2:00, then took wash to the laundry place. Ran into Suzanne coming home from St. John's and she assured me she'd be this tonight. Drove out to get gas, then home, put wash in dryer, went to Goodwill, but didn't buy anything. By the time I got back, it was time to retrieve my clothes, fold, and put away. Walked over to VONS for salmon, and that was about it.
Today: Went to T.O.P.S. and had another 1.4 off; it's slow, but sure, and I'm okay with that. Just got out from having my air color done. Now it's almost 1:00 and I want to go home for lunch. Then, if I have time, I'll have my nails done, then go to SCAN to be sure things are set up okay.

No comments:

Friday

Note: I cannot understand this: I modified this, then published and got the message it would revert to a publishing date of April 26th. Why ...