Saturday, May 06, 2017

Busy

It was a busy day. In fact, looking at my calendar, I see it was a busy week. I went somewhere every day, which is the way I like it.
Yesterday, I went to T.O.P.S., of course; lost another two pounds, which adds up--or down--to 16.5 pounds off so far. Talked to director Tony after and arranged to switch my class to the big room, which will be much better with 14 people. Had just time for breakfast before I left for Ellen's school. Met her in the teachers' lounge for lunch--she had tamales, I brought my tangerines--then accompanied her and her class to the Cinco De Mayo celebration.
I loved seeing this. This year, only the fourth-graders performed, doing a lot of exuberant dances and some songs, directed by one of El's colleagues.. There was a nice gathering of parents there and the day was so festive and the children so beautiful and full of life. Virtually all the children at the school are Hispanic--here, that means of Mexican descent. That's the future, I think, and high time. Europeans have ruled this country for too damn long and their culture has dominated at the point of a gun. Too bad coexistence was never offered in the past to darker skins and black hair; we're lucky they're generally conciliatory.
Said goodbye to Ellen and her precious third-graders and had a late lunch. I had very little in the place, so went to WinCo for all kinds of goodies--cauliflower, spinach, lettuce, tomatoes, and more.
Needed printer ink, so went to Office Max. I also wanted to get prices for the supplies I'm using for the class, as Tony told me to submit a reimbursement request, so i started on that. Stopped at SCAN and asked office person Brenda if an easel is available. It is, and I asked to have it set up in the room on Tuesday. Aside from more--much more--organizing and printing for the class, that was it.

No comments:

Friday

Note: I cannot understand this: I modified this, then published and got the message it would revert to a publishing date of April 26th. Why ...