Wednesday, February 01, 2017

Hair, Nails, and Happy News

I got to my noon hair appointment early, but no prob, as Amanda came in shortly thereafter.
I like the way Amanda colors and cuts; what's more, I like Amanda. We have a good time, talking easily together, and having a few laughs, too. I greatly dislike having my hair done--never did like it, as I get antsy just sitting there that long. It makes it bearable to have a compatible stylist doing the deed, which I have in Amanda and I appreciate it.
Went home for lunch, then to Jessica Nails for a manicure. All the employees there are Vietnamese. In fact, all the employees at the nail place I went to in Jersey are Vietnamese, too. Maybe all the hairdressers in the country--on the face of the earth, even--are Vietnamese. In any event, since I've been to Vietnam, I like talking to them. Yesterday, I had a lovely woman--fiftyish, I guess--named Diane. I'm going to ask for her when I make an appointment for a pedicure (another event I greatly dislike).
After, I went to The Avenue, which was having a big sale. Their clothes are very pricey, it seems to me, but when you're over a certain size, I think they're just tops. Anyway, I got a spiffy jacket (black with silver buttons and trim), a long shirt (sort of silky, with silver trim), and a red and black top. Altogether, they came to only forty-five bucks. Considering how good they look, that was a bargain.
When I got home, I checked my e-mail and was thrilled to see a message from the Tokyo Trio--they're coming to visit! Oh, happy day, they should be here for a week in March and I'll get to see the adorable three-year-old, plus my dear oldest his dear wife--yay!

2 comments:

iloveac said...

Rosemary,
That is so wonderful they are coming. What a thrill to meet the little one for the first time. I'm excited for you. March is just around the corner.

Mimi said...

Thanks, Patti!

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...