Sunday, November 13, 2016

Up

Whee, I'm out of my slump. As mentioned, I got up at 6:00, did my usual, then left to walk Kimball. After breakfast, returned Florida brother Larry's call of Friday. We had a nice talk; he said Helen was sitting next to him with color on her hair which daughter Karen had applied, then went out to get hamburgers! Funny. Right after, Betty called and we chatted. She's coming out on December 14 and will stay until the middle of January. Did this and that, then showered, washed my hair, and dressed for the affair at The Bonaventure. I can never remember if it's an assisted living or an independent living place. I've been there often and most the residents seem pretty independent, but I think it's AL. This was lunch and "a travel program." Someone from there had called to invite me--I realize they'd like me to move in--as they do fairly often.
As we had planned, I met Doris there at 12:30 and we sat down for lunch. There were several choices and we both had sausage with peppers and onions, a vegetable medley, and mashed sweet potatoes, along with salad and coffee. Really good and we greatly enjoyed it. I was surprised that Doris and I, as far as I could see, were the only guests.
After, there was ice cream in the activity room, then a video (the travel part) about those who came here on the Mayflower. Very interesting, actually, and it showed the part that native Americans contributed. It was just long enough and made for a very enjoyable day.
Before we left, I noticed a big mock-up of a check on an easel in the entrance foyer. It was a check for a thousand dollars made out to "resident," with the notation "referral" on the bottom. Hmm...maybe that's not a bad idea for attracting clients. What do you think, Faithful Reader?

2 comments:

iloveac said...

They are always coming up with Marketing incentives here. I actually got $2500 for a referral that became a resident. They also got $2500. Not bad.

Referrals are good...but they have to become real for the money to materialize.

Mimi said...

Wow, $2500 is a nice piece of change; I should tell the marketing people at Bonaventure they're pikers!

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...