Saturday, November 12, 2016

Down and UP

Sort of a down day.
Went to T.O.P.S. and found I had gained a pound. The meeting was okay, though, plus I finally decided on what I'll bring for the potluck next week: devilled eggs. I'm going to skip the yolks (or most of them), use light mayo and things like salsa, guacamole, olives, pesto, and so on to stuff the hard-boiled whites. That should bring them down in calories.
I didn't walk, I'm afraid. Had a hard time sleeping Thursday night: Went to bed at my usual, read for a half hour as usual, then fell asleep. But--I woke up at 2:00 am, then couldn't get back to sleep. I think I dozed off and on, but finally got up at 5:00, still tired.
I put a pork loin in the slow cooker with mushroom and onion soups and prepared a butternut squash, which I had for lunch. Spent an unfortunate length of time on Facebook, which I sometimes wish didn't exist.
Went to Trader Joe's, then Vons to get the eggs, light mayo, and etc. (see above) for next week. Hard-boiled four eggs, so I can experiment with them. Had some of the pork for dinner and it was excellent.
I don't know why, but most of the day, I felt out of sorts and at odds with the world. I hope this blue mood lifts.
Note: Okay, things are looking up: Slept through the night and just got up at 6:00, and feel much better. That's what a good night's sleep will do for me.

No comments:

Wednesday And Choosing Sides

I did some filing and cleaning up in the morning; also emailed the office that I need a new toilet seat. Left at 10:30 and got the 11 bus to...