Thursday, August 13, 2015

Pretty Much of a Lull

A major portion of the day was taken up, boringly enough, with yet more arranging of financial affairs. You'd think I was Hetty Green, for Pete's sake, but these things do take time and I'm not finished quite yet. Aside from that, I was in and out doing chores and visiting stores.
Betty called to tell me my sister-in-law's only surviving sibling had died; he was ninety-something and had had Alzheimer's for years. John Maloney had been a friend of my brother, Jim's--I think they went to St. Joe's together--and John introduced Jim to his sister, Therese. They were married on June 28, 1958, one week after we were. Coincidentally, exactly a year later on that date, I gave birth to our first child.
And so it goes.

No comments:

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...