Sunday, August 16, 2015

Busy With Things

I saw in the Ventura Star (west coast equivalent of The Press of Atlantic City--both rags , but I must have my print fix in the morning) that "The Palms At Bonaventure" are having a barbeque to honor first responders. Public is invited and I plan to go. However, this is an assisted, not independent, living facility and I doubt it would be feasible for my planned acting class. On the other hand, it could lead to something and I like barbecue, so I might as well attend to check it out.
Talked to El and she asked if I wanted to spend today together. Sure thing; I'm always happy to see her. She's been busy preparing her classroom for the start of school. Teachers go in tomorrow and students on Thursday--what ever happened to the September start?
Betty called and we chatted for a bit while I was in the parking lot of the 99 cent store, where I picked up a few household items.
Speaking of household: My furniture and other possessions have exactly two more days to get here. The contract stipulates delivery between August 10th and the 18th and they had better follow through or--
--or what? Well, I ain't sure what.

No comments:

Wednesday And Choosing Sides

I did some filing and cleaning up in the morning; also emailed the office that I need a new toilet seat. Left at 10:30 and got the 11 bus to...