Saturday, July 28, 2012

Veggie Day

Had another frustrating time trying to run the Leslie Sansone exercise DVD. Could NOT get it to simply start.  Why in hell there are three remotes you have to manipulate to run anything in beyond me.  Finally just put it back in the case and left.  Think I'll call Amy C. and ask her to give me a tutorial right at the clubhouse.
Drove to the cemetery to water.  Annoyingly, the leaves of what I planted most recently (can't remember the name) are thriving, but all the flowers have dropped off.  Oh, well, can't be helped.  Called Betty to see if she could meet for lunch, but she was having Mary H. over.  Invited me, too, but I wanted o go to the pool, so declined with thanks.  Picked up some wine at Canal's, then went to Produce Junction.  Found a pretty lily for a song.  It's a perennial, which means I'll have to plant it, but I think it rained last night, so hope the ground is soft.  Couldn't resist a delicate little bamboo plant, which I now have on my "Japan corner" in the living room.
Also got Brussels sprouts, tomatoes, lettuce, and broccoli.  Stopped at Santori's on the way home for fresh feta and a cantaloupe, then at Shop-Rite for peaches and a few other items. 
Home, I made my usual big salad (Romaine, tomatoes, peppers, kidney beans, and onions) and ate it while finishing up After Camelot, The Kennedy Family Since 1968, a gigantic tome.  Cut up the several pounds of broccoli, divided it into three large bowls, sprinkled them with Mrs. Dash, covered them, and put them in the fridge so they're ready for me to eat.  Did the same with a few other veggies, all to the strains of a medley of Mozart, which I always put on when I prepare vegetables.
Went to the library and did other stuff around the house.  Ordered a computer game, which I almost never do, but I got hooked on a "hidden object" with twists ones.
Made stir fry for dinner; very tasty.  Never did get to the pool, which I'm annoyed at myself about.  I know that once the weather changes--if it ever does and I think that's no certainty--I'll regret not taking advantage of it.  Well, maybe I'll go today.
 

No comments:

Tuesday And Noreen

I had planned to go to Verizon first before my lunch with Noreen. It's down Mills Street from the mall, where the transit center is, too...