Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Kabuki

Back in the groove, I walked with Susan, then took myself to the clubhouse to exercise with Leslie (Sansone, and her CD, "Walk Away The Pounds").  Tidied up the guestroom in preparation for Betty's stay.  Got a call from Aline to fill me in on her trip to NYC and invited her to dinner tomorrow, also.  She accepted with pleasure.
The bulk of the day?  Wel-l-l, after my announcement on Saturday that I wouldn't be submitting any more plays at Players & Playwrights, I spent several hours working on a play.  I'm doing a short comedic skit in rhyming couplets concerning three women in Hell.  (Well, it seems a funny premise.)
While occupied thus, the doorbell rang.  It was the mailman, and he gave me a large, heavy package from Tokyo.  I was stunned to find a beautiful Kabuki actor figure, about 17 inches high, in full costume and wild orange wig, and holding a fan and a plate.  I immediately took a picture of it, which I took to rehearsal to show the other actors.  Of course, it's from my P. and N. and I cherish it already.  What a prize!
Picked up Aline and we went to rehearsal at the Seaport.  Did just part of Act II, which I'm in, and it went well.  There's rehearsal again tonight, but of another act, so I don't have to go. 
Asked Aline if she'd like to go with me to a Chinese puppet program at the library this afternoon and she does.  Will pick her up.

1 comment:

Mimi said...

Second paragraph above: So the DOORBELL was occupied? Shame on you, Mimi!

Friday

Weight: stayed the same at home (125.4) and at T.O.P.S. was up an inconsequential .06 to 125.4. Maria brought a guest and we had a fairly in...