Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Car Still A Hostage

Moped around in the morning.  Called Mastercraft at noon; no, he's still working on it.  Mopey, mope, mope.  Got a number of calls and thought each one was it, but it wasn't.  Passed the time reading, doing computer stuff, and not much else. 
Finally, at 4:15, I got the call--yay!  Walter dropped me off, and I settled up to the tune of $933.  Gave Jessica, the office person, my debit card and was annoyed when it was rejected; now I have to go to Ocean First to find out why.  Paid with another credit card and waited; my little darlin' was being taken for a test drive. 
When the guy driving returned, he pulled into the back and Jessica went out to investigate; he said he wouldn't let me drive it before putting oil in.  I waited some more, then got the news that the car had developed a knock and he wanted to keep it longer.
DAMN! Jessica drove me home, but I still don't have a car!  Aagh!  I'm at their mercy, so what can I do?  Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
Well, guess I'll live through it.  Had a bite, then prepared for the audition.  Aline's sister, Susan, picked me up and we went to the Tuckerton Seaport; we were to meet in the fishing shanty.  We then found that the quilt group of the other Susan, the one I walk with every morning, was meeting there.  Mix up in scheduling--story of our lives--so we sat outside to "read."  (Actually, it was very pleasant, with a nice breeze.)  I have no idea how well--or not well--I did and plan to go again to tonight's rehearsal.
As I walked in the door, the phone was ringing with a call from my dear cousin, my "Cincinnati Sis," Marifran K.  Now this was the high point of the day and we had a wonderful time catching up with each other.  What a pleasure to hear her voice!
I have RedHats today and we're going to the Atlantic City Aquarium.  Well, I ain't gonna drive, that's a cinch.
WIDER:  Confused about the LIBOR thing?  So was I until I read this by Robert Reich:
http://www.commondreams.org/view/2012/07/09-5
Too big to fail.  Too big to jail.  Too big to do anything but screw the common people--but that, they do with enthusiasm.

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...