Sunday, July 15, 2012

Dinner With Betty

Saturday started off slow, but improved later.  Putzed around in the morning, then drove to Manahawkin to pick up a few things.  While on Route 9, got a call from Betty just to chat.  Pulled into a parking lot and we did just that.  She was at loose ends and so was I, so we make a date to meet at The Olive Garden for dinner at 6:00.  Got there a bit early and saw a big group outside and in.  Was told the wait was 35 minutes.
Now, I'll wait 35 minutes to have a baby, board a plane, or chat with Julian Assange, but not for dinner.  Betty came shortly and we decided to go elsewhere.  Picked a small Chinese restaurant in a nearby shopping center and ate a mediocre meal with plastic forks on foam plates, but so what?  It was fun to be with Sis and we had a good time.
Strolled a few stores over the The Christmas Tree Shop--one of my favorites because it has some different items and it's yay cheap.  We each bought a few things, then parted.
Stopped at the cemetery to water on the way home (it's right on the way) and topped off a pleasant day with a Skype call to darling daughter number two, in Ventura.

No comments:

Sunday

I reserved yesterday for chores.  Stripped the bed and washed the sheets while I had breakfast. It pleased me that, just as I responded to t...