Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Atlantic City

I continue carless--woe is me...
But I had a nice full day.  Walked to the clubhouse for the 11:00  Red Hats meeting, which was short.  Eight of us then drove to Gardener's Basin in Atlantic City.  Had lunch at Scales (used to be The Flying Cloud) before dropping in at the aquarium.  I've been there before (when P. and N. were here) and am not a fish fan, but it was mildly enjoyable.
Got home by 3:30 to find Mike had Skyped me with darling little Violet, whose fourth birthday it was.  Tried to get them back, but they were no longer online--darn.  He wrote he'd try to get me on the weekend.
Heard from Mastercraft to the effect that he'd get me a loaner, as he still wasn't finished with the car.  Told him he might as well wait for today, as I was going out later.  Called Susan, who was going to line-dancing, but Walter drove me over to the library for the second night of auditions.
Lots of people there, including some who weren't on Monday.  I read for Duchess Olga, the part I really want, and think I did pretty well.  However, so did several others and I'm not at all sure I'll be selected.
Lily McB. drove Aline and me home.
Note: I called my bank, Ocean First, asking why my debit card was rejected when I know I could cover the $933 for the car.  Was told they don't let people use the debit card for more than $900.  Incomprehensible.

No comments:

Thursday

Up and at 'em after a pretty good sleep. Didn't do a whole lot in the morning besides making my lunch. Left about 10:30 to meet Dian...