Wednesday, July 04, 2012

Looking Up

Well, things are looking up.  I had expressed my disappointment over the missing guests to Susan during our walk and--maybe it's not related--she came over later in the morning.  Gave me a slice of watermelon and invited me to dinner, to join her daughter, Julie, and granddaughter, Sophia.  I accepted with pleasure (natch!) and felt somewhat better. 
A bit after that, I got a call from the northern dweller, who invited me up to at least say hello to the missing guests.  Accepted that, too, of course.
Stopped over at Jo G.'s to drop off a check for the dinner and show (Gypsy)
a lot of us are going to in August.
Was able to get a hairdressing appointment for 3:00, but not with my regular, Ashly; another stylist, Shirley, had had a cancellation, and took me. I like the way she did my hair and, in fact, would like to switch. Will see how that turns out later.
Went across the street to Susan's at 6:00 and had a delicious dinner--baked ziti, salad, and olive bread--preceded by a gin and tonic and accompanied by a very tasty Chianti.  Enjoyed seeing Julie again; she's a caterer, lives in Bridgewater, Ct., and is very busy.  In October, she'll cater a gathering for the democratic party at Mia Farrow's house.  It was fun hearing about the preparations for that.
Got home about 8:00, in a much elevated mood.  I'll go north about 9:00, and later, I guess, put in an appearance at the H.'s annual Fourth of July party.

No comments:

Monday

 I slept pretty well, I'm happy to say: got up once, but went back until after 6:00.  Got a call from Zak Dental to see if I could come ...