Friday, July 20, 2012

Tomatoes

Aline called as I was having breakfast to tell me about her trip to Cape May.  Invited her to the Plays and Playwrights meeting today, then dinner at Betty's, but she regretfully declined.  She's already booked to travel to Manhattan today for a wedding tomorrow. 
Took my last remaining container of crystal pickles out of the freezer to take to Betty's. I had bought Kirby cucumbers the other day, so whipped up a new batch. 
Got notice on-line of some Big Fish games that include hidden objects.  Played some in the free version and may order.
Drove to Manahawkin and looked in Kohl's for a bathing suit.  Saw none and lost interest, anyway, so drove home.
Finally removed the dead clematis from the trellis next to the porch.  It's a perennial with pretty white blooms on it in the spring, but then ugly dead brown ones.  I'm thinking about planting another vining plant there, instead of--or in addition to.
Well, I'm now pretty sure I'm being afflicted by horn worms, after all.  Had seen a just-barely-on-the-point-of-being-ripe-enough-to-pick tomato on Wednesday, but thought I'd give it another day.  Went to get it yesterday and--aagh!  There was only half left, the whole top had been eaten away!  Will see about getting something to repel the damn things; still haven't seen them, but I understand they imitate a curled leaf, so are hard to spot.  Boy, Mother Nature has it in for me, doesn't she?

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...