Sunday, July 22, 2012

Dinner, A Sleepover, And Breakfast

Bouncing back day! 
My legion of readers (ha!) may have noticed I didn't post this morning.  That's because I accepted Betty's invitation to come to dinner yesterday and also to stay over.  She was very contrite about the mix-up in days and we're putting that behind us.
Had a good dinner of "Southern Boil"--sausage, shrimp, potatoes, corn on the cob all cooked together with seafood seasoning.  I had had it in December when Mike & Co. and I stopped in Savannah and, boy, is it good.
We then walked on the boardwalk for a bit, ending the day by sitting on the porch.  George W. happened by and we chatted with him.
Had a good sleep, then got up at my usual time of 5:15.  Drove to Wawa to get coffee for both of us, which we drank as we read the A.C. Press together.  Betty called Muckie to ask if she wanted to meet up for breakfast.  She did, but not until after 9:30 mass.  I didn't want to wait until after that to eat, so we went over and ordered breakfast first.
As we were served, Muckie and Mary O. , formerly S. joined us.  Mary  graduated with Muckie the year before us, but I didn't remember her at all.  She's a pleasant, attractive woman and the four of us enjoyed a  congenial meal, lingering almost two hours.  Mary asked me to send her Pat R.'s blog address, which I'll do shortly.
I had invited Betty to dinner and "a sleepover," as the kids say, on Wednesday, as I want her to meet Aline. Hope A. is available for dinner then too.
Stopped at Shore Mall just to use the facility (a genteel way of saying "the can"), then went to the cemetery to water at the graves.  Back on the parkway, I was confronted with a huge slow-down--stop, actually--so it took me more than an hour to get home. 
No prob, I'm here now and will resume my life, more buoyant and chipper than ever.0

No comments:

Friday

Weight: stayed the same at home (125.4) and at T.O.P.S. was up an inconsequential .06 to 125.4. Maria brought a guest and we had a fairly in...