Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Didn't Do Anything

Years and decades and eons ago, when I was a kid, I used to sneak peeks at my big sister's diary.  Entries weren't exactly eye-popping, but the world of teenagehood seemed so remote and glamorous and exciting to me, I read with great attention.  If nothing much was going on--no new boy to moon over, that is--my sister would write, "Ho-hum, dull day."
Could have used that line for yesterday.  (Then what's with the five lines you did use, Mimi?  Overwriting, anyone?  Shut up, Rosemary, it's my blog and I can do what I want.)
Anyhoo--after our walk, went to exercise where I again had to endure a silent Walk Away The Pounds because I didn't know how to turn the sound on (Kathy Somebody came in when I was finished, though, and showed me how).
Breakfast, then to B.J.'s to get fruit and veggies.  Stopped at the Stafford Library, thinking Aline might be volunteering there, then remembered she's in Cape May.
Lunch, then put some chicken drumsticks in the slow cooker, washed, dried, and folded, then...nuthin'.  Really lazed around, considered the pool, but just didn't want to bother.  Did some computer stuff, mostly just roaming the net.  Read some of my entries here from five years ago and was actually interested in the activities, as if it were somebody else's life.  It was odd to realize there are so many no longer in the land of the living, prominently my husband, of course.
Went over my lines and read (I'm into After Camelot, A Personal History Of The Kennedy Family, 1968 To The Present, don't ask me why), took a short nap, and was generally inert most of the afternoon.
After dinner (three drumsticks, cantaloupe and blueberries), I finally bestirred myself long enough to get in the car and drive the twenty or so miles to Santori's.  Thought they were open until 8:00, then saw they opened at 8:00 and closed at 6:00.  Went the further six or so miles to the cemetery, watered and pulled a few weeds, then left.
See, the idea is to stay out until close to the time--8:00--when I can change into my nightie, pop my corn, pour my wine, and relax for the day.  (Geez, Mimi, you relaxed ALL DAY, didn't you?).
Took me an age and a page to say I didn't do anything yesterday, right?  Should have just noted "ho-hum, dull day."
Heh, heh.
 

No comments:

Monday

 I slept pretty well, I'm happy to say: got up once, but went back until after 6:00.  Got a call from Zak Dental to see if I could come ...