Sunday, July 29, 2012

Happy Birthday, Vivian!

Just had a wonderful virtual visit with my precious granddaughter, Vivian, who turns eight years old today.  Saw darling Violet and the rest of the family in London, too, of course.  Skype is a boon to Nanas.
Yesterday?  A lotta nuthin'.  Spent most of it playing a "hidden object" game I actually bought from Big Fish Games.  I'm intrigued by it, but assume and hope my fascination will wear off soon.
Didn't walk today.  Susan had a fall yesterday morning and was up to our walk then, but called to say her foot is swollen, so she wants to rest it.  I'll bring her over some cherries later.
Dine-Around dinner tonight, to which I'll be going with the R.'s.
WIDER: Arthur Silber, with his customary clarity, cuts through the sanctimonious crap surrounding the recent horror in Aurora.  He always, without fail, speaks to those who are weird enough to deplore the slaughter of others--children, too, of course--for no damn reason.  Note his characterisation of the assassin-in-chief.  
http://powerofnarrative.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Thursday

Up and at 'em after a pretty good sleep. Didn't do a whole lot in the morning besides making my lunch. Left about 10:30 to meet Dian...