Sunday, July 08, 2012

Car Gone

A day that will live in...if not infamy, certainly annoyance.  Car had been overheating, so took my Chevy to the levy--to Mastercraft--and was told it has a hole in the manifold or something and will cost me roughly $900 to fix.  Had no choice, so agreed to the highway robbery.  Mechanic said it wasn't a good idea to continue to drive it, so I called Barbara D. and she picked me up and took me home.
...where I stayed all day, bored out of my mind.  Read a lot, went on the computer, made a salad for today, cooked the kale and string beans I had gotten from the northern dweller, and took a nap.  Sounds pleasant and peaceful, doesn't it?  Hated it.  Thought I'd walk to the pool, but even for me, it was a bit warm--99 degrees--so I decided against it.  Of course, Mastercraft isn't open today, so can't ransom my little darlin' until tomorrow.
Talked to Betty and Carolyn, who are coming for lunch, then the pool, if thunderstorms don't change our plans.

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...