Thursday, July 26, 2012

Dinner Guests

Early on, drove to Shop-Rite for salmon, Brussels sprouts, tomatoes, and baking potatoes.  Prepared them as far as possible and decided to add crystal pickles, pumpernickel, and iced tea, plus, of course, a green salad.  Set the table and so on.
During my (light--very light, I'm afraid) cleaning, got a call from the northern dweller to the effect that she'd drop in later, as she was due back at school to help at a carnival at 4:30.  A second call, from Betty, informed me that she was almost finished work, so would come early, which she did.  Had a pleasant hour or so visiting with both until it was time to pick up Aline.
We were early, my usual mode, and Aline's sister, Susan, with whom she lives, invited us in to see her antiques and other artifacts, some of which are very impressive. 
Home, we sat on the porch for a time, then I served dinner which, if I say it myself, was delish.  Enjoyed it, as well as much lively talk.  Aline had brought some chocolates and we had them as we chatted, then I took both guests to Jeffreeze for ice cream.  We sat outside to enjoy our dripping treats and again, I simply couldn't finish my "medium" soft serve--next time, I'll order a small.
Home again, Aline came in for a time, then Betty and I drove her home.  I poured my wine, we talked a bit more, then we two went to bed and I, for one, slept like a log after a lovely summer day.

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...