Sunday, July 01, 2012

Lake Again

Had lots of errors (HA! That was a typo, but wonder what the shrinks would say about it)--that is, errands to run.  Got printers ink, garden stakes, cottage cheese, and pumpernickel (a poem!) and was in Lowe's parking lot contemplating whether to go to the pool when my cell rang.  It was adorable little T., asking if I wanted to meet them at the lake.  Did I?  Does a bear...sure, I did.
I was finished anyway, so drove home, made a nice salad, packed it with iced tea, Greek yogurt, blueberries, and plums, and took off for Whiting.  Halfway there, I realized I had forgotten my visor.  Love the sun, but can't stand it in my face, so stopped at a dollar store near the lake.  They had only one visor and it was a foam one with soccer forms on it!  Well, so what, I bought it anyway.
The other three were there already and I didn't waste any time joining the boys in the water--they almost never come out.  Found out that the wolf reserve trip was dropped because people were allowed in only twice a day and it would have been too early for one showing and too late for the other.
We stayed several hours and it was so delightful--my favorite hot (very, very hot, close to 100), not-a-cloud-in-the-sky day and the lake was just cool enough.  Came out only long enough to eat lunch. 
Declined an invitation to dinner and arrived back to Little Egg about 4:30.   I already had my bathing gear on, so impulsively stopped at the pool.  Slipped into the water, which was lovely, and had a short dip.  Only five people were there; I chatted with somebody and somebody--I know I know them, but can't remember the names--then left to shower and change.
It was still early, so I drove back to Manahawkin (yes, two trips there in one day, so shoot me) and got "chicken sausage" and some other stuff at Shop-Rite; made stir-fry and had a late (for me) dinner--very tasty.
Got a Skype call from Ellen and had a good chat with her.  She painted her office (an area off the dining room) an attractive yellow and will soon do the walls in her living room. 
No plans for today, and I want to get the house ready for my visitors--hope they stay longer than just overnight. 

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...