Saturday, March 31, 2012

There's nothing I believe less than the idiot cliche "Everything happens for a reason." The simple-minded often repeat it, thinking it sounds intelligent, clubby, and mysterious. Nope, just dumb and dumber.
And that's leading up to: I decided, lazy do-nothing that I am, to skip exercise yesterday. After our walk, I settled down to the "Blowin'..." piece on Donna T. When my usual 9:00 breakfast time came, I wasn't hungry yet, so decided to defer. Call from the doctor's office, informing me that I had overlooked one of the "scripts" (I'm still so new to that version of "prescriptions" I put it in quotes) I had been given, so didn't get all have blood work done. I have an appointment on Monday to discuss same, so thought I'd have to postpone. Well, maybe not. Did I eat? No. Have anything in my coffee besides sweetener? No. Okay, I could go over and have the rest done. I did, although it was 9:30 by then, was taken fairly quickly and am glad to know I can have my coffee first.
NOW--Wasn't it providential that I--oddly--skipped exercise and--oddly--deferred breakfast? Didn't all that happen for a...?
Nah, just a coincidence.
Got home and made a salad, then continued working on my article. Also finally was able to ferret out the Dionne picture I had scanned.
Leslie called, saying she was sitting in the sun on her front porch and would I like to come down and join her. I did, walking the three doors down, and found her friend, Mary (her informal quilting teacher) was there, too. Johanna H. from across the street came over and we had a pleasant chat. Les invited us in for tea, but I wanted to get to Shop-Rite, so begged off.
All I needed was softener sheets, but somehow managed to spend forty bucks--then realized I had forgotten the softener sheets. No prob.
Received one of my darling daughter-in-law, N.'s exquisite cards, this for Easter. E-mailed my thanks, then, in the evening got a Skype call from P. and she.
Good heavens, it'll be April tomorrow!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

cheap nike air max slnqytpl cheap nike free run guqkufjl cheap nike shoes rqskzfle nike air max rjyuxkrz nike free run xhxsgkcy nike shoes online chimakcp

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...