Saturday, March 03, 2012

Am late with this entry for a nice reason: Got a Skype call from Mike and adorable little Violet in London. She's so precious; Daddy had taught the girls to make bird feeders out of (can't remember what) and he was able to show me them hanging in trees in the yard. The picture quality was just remarkable. Mike said they got a new computer and since mine is new, also, it was high def T.V. Wonderful.
Went to my new doctor yesterday and fell in love. This is a terrific guy and I had a good chat with him. He says he loves my blood pressure and loves my heart! I had run out of two medications, both for BP and he said I didn't have to take them anymore, at least while my pressure is so good (of course, I can't remember what it was yesterday).
This is a second career for Dr. Philip Whiting, who's a D.O. He's from Houston and was a geologist in the Texas oil fields, for heaven's sake. However, he developed a melanoma from being in the sun all the time and decided to pursue his interest in medicine. After an early divorce, he married his med school instructor and they live in Haddonfield. They have three daughters, one of whom is only nine. He had been with Virtua for several years before coming to Little Egg. I'm entranced by people with interesting backgrounds, and he really wowed me.
Rest of the day, I did chores, went to Manahawkin, and generally did this and that. Talked to Aline B., who had asked if I wanted to go to lunch. I'll pick her and her sister up on Monday and we'll go to SeaOaks.
Was in touch with Tonya about the current upheaval--or something--with A.J., who supposedly had taken over publicity but, in Tonya's words, "didn't do jackshit." I thought that expression was so funny; hadn't heard it before.
Went to the thrift store in the evening and gave back the two skirts and blouse I had bought for Night. Had a nice chat with the volunteers there.
WIDER: I want to share this piece by my friend, Rob Payne. Its truth, force, and clarity are exceptional, especially the part about ordinary Iranians having much more in common with ordinary Americans then either do with their "leaders." Rob's view of Obama-excusers is also right on the mark.
http://deadhorse1995.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...