Thursday, March 15, 2012

An Oreo day. The cookie parts on either end were good, the middle blah vanilla. Took my car to Mastercraft and found there's nothing wrong with the air conditioning. I'm not sure why it didn't seem to work before, but it does now and that's all I need. Good thing, too, because it was wonderfully--but a little eerily for the middle of March--warm.
Finally heard back from the doctor's office to the effect that I should continue taking the Ramipril and stop the Lovastatin, but get another blood test in September. Went to Manahawkin to pick up the R.
Was pleased to get an invitation to J.'s and J.'s First Communion on April 22. Hope we'll be going.
After that, I just kind of lazed around. Made a salad and got a few things separated in the guest room to take to the thrift store. I have a lot of toys I need to donate, but I'm finding it hard to do. It makes me sad that children no longer come here and with my granddaughters in London and great-grandsons in upstate Pennsylvania, that situation isn't going to change. It hurts to realize that.
Put one of the wicker chairs and the table back on the porch and actually sat out there reading for a time.
Other than that, didn't do much until I met up with Mary S. at the Jane Austen program at the library. The program was good and even better, another neighbor whom I didn't know was there and we got acquainted. After, we chatted and she mentioned she's writing a book. I have the idea she has an interesting back story, too, so I asked if she'd allow me to interview her for a "Blowin'..." article. She agreed and I got her number.
So that was the day. Corned beef and cabbage dinner at Susan's tonight.

No comments:

Monday

 I slept pretty well, I'm happy to say: got up once, but went back until after 6:00.  Got a call from Zak Dental to see if I could come ...