Friday, March 30, 2012

I should be skinny as a rail! Considering yesterday, I should be built like Twiggy or the man who owned he Chinese restaurant in Lawrenceville (oh,never mind).
After our usual walk and breakfast, I wrapped a large package I had been asked to send to the U.K.. Continued--tearing out my hair--to try to find the picture I had scanned, and worked on the Dionne Program description for the Stafford and Barnegat libraries.
In light of her ferocious allergies I called Marge to see if she was up to the visit we had planned yesterday. She was, and we had a good chat. She shared with me two memoirs she had written, both very interesting and one harrowing--Fred had been caught in a holdup at a motel down south. At this point, I'm trying to figure how to run them or parts of them in The Breeze. As they stand, they're just too long.
Sent off the package--to the tune of $52.40--and got home to realize I still hadn't pulled together the information I needed for the income tax. Got out my records and realized the last three years were all thrown together in one of the big covered woven boxes I have in the study. Started going through them, had to make some phone calls for information, then realized I had to work up some questions for Donna T., whom I was interviewing shortly.
Gobbled some salad from yesterday while pulling them together and got to Donna's in time. Spent time with her, then rushed home to finish compiling the tax stuff for my 3:30 appointment...
I must pause here to note that the denizens of Bank of America will surely rot in the same hell where the Comcast crowd is headed. Looked on BOA's site to get the LOCAL number for my LOCAL bank--I still have an account there--and they don't list it! You have to call the 800 number which, of course, is all a recording and assumes you wanted info on your account, but I just had a simple question, that's all,you idiots! Can't even remember how, but finally got it, called, got the answer, although not the one for which I had hoped, and finally finished up.
Got to H.R,Block on time, finished up the sorry business and am getting some dough back, so that's that, I'm happy to say. When I got home,I actually went through that huge box, threw away a lot of crap, and put all the 2012 records by themselves. Should have done that last year.
Whew! What a day! And today, I've got--hmm, nothing going on. Darn, that's going to be pretty dull...

No comments:

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...