Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Saw Mary S. at exercise and she asked if I'd like to go to a library program on Wednesday about Jane Austen. I accepted and invited Leslie, too, but she isn't able to go. Les came over to get her ticket to Joseph and we chatted for a bit.
Heard from Kathy M. about the Blowin' In The Wind piece. There were two slight errors of fact, but otherwise, it's fine. Corrected while she was on the phone and sent it to The Breeze.
Got my car washed for maybe the third time in eight years. The side and back windows were so covered with ocean spray I couldn't see out of them.
Went to Santori's to stock up on a plethora of veggies. Stopped at the library to return Sugar Nation, which outlines the dangers of sugar and carbs. That ties right into a feature in the NYTimes about very young children having a lot of cavities, I'm afraid.
While there, it occurred to me to ask if the library would like me to do a program on the Dionne Quintuplets in their birth month of May. Talked to the branch manager, Kelly, and she was enthusiastic about it--after I told her who they were. It seems incredible that she never heard of them, but she looks to be on the sunny side of thirty, so I guess that's why. We set a date for May 16 at 6:30.
I had asked the visitor from the north if I could see more of here and we decided to meet at 4:00 at Freedom Fields, the park nearby. We did, and took a good hike through the woods of about three miles.
Stopped at Acme and picked up fresh salmon. Had that and broccoli for dinner.
Got a call from Maryann M., from Cranberry Creek, back from a month in Florida. She wanted to know if we were interested in doing a murder mystery next spring. I had to tell her we've put them on the back burner. Neil had been interested, but he's now involved in The Odd Couple, of course. Maryann also asked for a blurb for her community paper on The OC; I'll pass that on to Georgia, as I'm determined not to continue as publicity chair.
Just as I was about to step into the shower, got a call from Betty. Renovations on her bathroom are still in progress, but she's able to take a bath now, anyway, as the tub is in.
Tonya stopped after auditions about 9:00, as she had said she would to give me a script for The OC. Will start reading it to note the props.
Lots going on, just the way I like it!

No comments:

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...