Thursday, March 29, 2012

Went to Maria at H.R Block at 11:00. She's been doing my taxes since I moved here and I like her a lot. However, I carelessly neglected to bring some of my deductible records with me, so have to go back this afternoon.
Spent a lot of time on the computer. Finally pulled together a synopsis of the Quints program for the Stafford and Barneget branches of the library. Unfortunately, after scanning a picture of three postcards, I couldn't find it anywhere on the computer. I wanted to add as an attachment, and it's just not there. Damn!
Finally got around to sending the Tootie skit to Ed S. and John P. of the Plays and Playwrights group. They haven't yet acknowledged.
Got a call from my cousin, Ton B., in Pennsy. His son, also Tom, has applied for a position at Rider and he asked if I might be able to put in a word. I called the younger and we had a long talk. I told him I'd e-mail Mike R. and Phil V., both of whom interviewed him. Did so and got an acknowledgement back from Mike.
Got out the Easter decoraions and put them around, including the big bunny on the front door. Still don't know what I'll be doing on Easter. Susan's daughter invited me over there for dinner, but I'm not sure if the northern dwellers might be having something.
Marge D. e-mailed me, saying she'd like to send a memoir to The Breeze. This is good news on several counts: 1. We're always looking for new residents to submit pieces; 2. I know Marge writes well, so the paper will be better for her work; 3. Best of all, it indicates Marge is feeling better than she has. I asked if I could stop in and she was agreeable. Said I'd call first and would probably be there about 11:00.
Am interviewing Donna T. at 1:30 and going back with the tax info at 3:30.

No comments:

Monday

 I slept pretty well, I'm happy to say: got up once, but went back until after 6:00.  Got a call from Zak Dental to see if I could come ...