Thursday, March 22, 2012

Went over to Boscov's and got Susan (it's her birthday) a wonderful little solar-powered metal kitty cat for her garden. Headed for the cemetery after and, while driving on the Black Horse Pike, heard a horn from somebody in the other lane--it was Betty, on her way to lunch with a friend. We pulled into a parking lot and laughed over the coincidence. She invited me to come to lunch, too, but I begged off because I had to wait for the call from Dr. DeMarco;s office.
That came at 1:00 and I went back to get the repaired partial. Unfortunately, there's a problem. The dental hygienist removed some of the acrylic several times, so it fit more snugly and I thought all was well. Drove north to top at Habitat Thrift Shop, looked in the mirror, and saw it looks horrible! The tooth seems be jutting out from the gum. Drove back to dentist's and was advised I should go to the dental lab in Waretown to have it adjusted.
Damn, this is annoying. I should submit a bill for the gas, plus the use of my valuable time--. Oh, that's right, my time isn't that valuable.
Stopped at the library and got a CD of Doubt, which I've seen before. I thought Meryl Streep was miscast, as was Amy Adams (who dat?), a cute little starlet playing a nun. I wanted to see again Philip Seymour Hoffman in his portrayal of a priest before Vatican II. He was so perfect, so spot on, it's a pleasure to watch him.
The northern dweller called and will come today, as she had parent-teacher conferences this evening. I'm going to Joseph And The Amazing Technicolor Coat with Leslie and Mary, but not until 6:00, so will be glad to see her.

No comments:

Monday

 I slept pretty well, I'm happy to say: got up once, but went back until after 6:00.  Got a call from Zak Dental to see if I could come ...