Sunday, March 25, 2012

Attended the March Plays and Playwrights session, held yesterday at the Margate Library for some reason; it's usually in Ventnor. My play was read, but I was surprised when it elicited laughs, although it was meant to be serious. I wasn't upset by this, but it made me realize the material may just not be "serious." I was urged to work on it, but I don't think I will. I never was satisfied with it, anyway, so will junk it.
Our leader, Ed S., announced that we'd have an actual performance with audience on June 3 at Beth El Synagogue in Margate. Members can submit their works for consideration to be included. Think I'll send in The Return Of Tootie! May change the title.
After, as we had planned, I went to Betty's. Her new bathroom is shaping up very nicely--tub, toilet, floors and lower half of the walls done. Looks much bigger already. Betty made a delicious meal of salad, salmon, rice, mixed veggies, and brownies, which I enjoyed so much. Even better was our warm, sisterly talk.
Got home when it was just getting dark, driving through heavy rain. I was concerned that my porch furniture cushions would get wet, but they didn't.
Covered dish supper tonight.

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...