Sunday, April 01, 2012

GUESS WHAT?! I WON 6 MILLION DOLLARS IN THE LOTTERY!!
Yes, it is April Fool's Day...
Spent dark, gloomy yesterday mainly on domestic chores, too boring to mention. I did drive up to Barnegat late in the day to my new favorite thrift store. This is also a consignment shop and is several cuts above most. A few weeks ago, I bought a chair for my bedroom for forty bucks and yesterday, I found something I've been wanting for YEARS. I've been pining away for it and have looked in Bed 'N' Bath, Macy's, and other big stores, but the ones I liked were all so expensive...
What is it for which I hankered? Why, a blanket holder, of course. This is in maple, which matches the bedside table in the guest room, so is just perfect. I got it for $16.95 and I'm very pleased with my purchase. Now I want to get an occasional chair for that room, also in maple. Naturally, I'm not going o buy it new, which I consider a sheer waste of money, but will keep looking at the gently-used places and house sales.
Two good things came in the mail: a big fat check from my mortgage company for overpaying escrow or something. I appealed to my financial advisor and he told me to apply it to the principal. (I will, but damn! I'd rather kick up my heels with it.) Said company also wrote that my mortgage will go down by $126 a month, starting in June. Why? I dunno, just out of the goodness of their hearts, I guess, but I sure don't care--I'll take it.
Even better: a letter from Atlantic Imaging to say my mammogram showed no abnormalities. Although I've had no sign of any problem (read "cancer"--why can't I just write it?), being a pessimist a heart, I'm always uneasy until I get the letter.
Got a call from my cousin, Tom, Jr., to tell me he received a letter to the effect that the job at Rider was taken by someone else. I had put in a word for him, but unfortunately, they had dozens of applicants--Tom said he was shown two large stacks--and it's a damn tight job market out there.

2 comments:

iloveac said...

Hey Rosemary (down South everyone says 'Hey' instead of Hi.

Great news getting the 'letter' ...Mammo AOK.

It's always a boost to find something we've wanted for a long time. Enjoy.

Enjoy getting those checks even if you have to apply them somewhere other than your pocket.

Mimi said...

Why, yes, Pat, I do enjoy getting checks--doesn't happen often enough,though. Heh, heh.

Tuesday

As has been happening lately, I spent an age dealing with R.E. agent, Kim, and requirements  surrounding the house. I got the quarterly wate...