Friday, April 13, 2012

As I usually do, I unpacked soon after I got home from Baltimore and couldn't find my cell charger. Called Frank, he looked, yes, it was still at Patrick's--darn! Actually, because I don't have the fancy kind that do everything but wash the dishes, I could easily just have bought another for ten bucks or so, but Frank said he'd send it.
Had another go-round with Comcast. This time, I got a bill for $245. Called and found they didn't want to talk to me because Pat's name is still on. Got a copy of the death certificate and drove to their crummy place in Manahawkin. Groaned when I thought of the other times I was there: jammed with people, no place to sit, and a blaring television extolling Comcast. Was pleasantly surprised to find only the last was true, changed the name and had the bill explained quickly. Clerk's name was Betty, and she was certainly around my age, and--unlike those involved in my earlier encounters--was very, very pleasant and accommodating.
Took the other death certificates to the safety deposit box, which I should have done a long time ago, and got some stuff done in the house.
Was surprised to find out from Tonya that we're not doing The Odd Couple after all-- couldn't get the rights. Neil has decided on a British comedy called Funny Money instead and will use the same cast.
As I told her I would, I called Doreen from the Stafford Library Friends to discuss the Dionne Q. program, but I haven't heard back from her.
Today, will pick up Leslie and go to the memorial service for Barb D.'s father at 11:00.

2 comments:

Jim Wetzel said...

[with polite tug at Mimi's sleeve]

Uh, just a reminder ... you're back from your trip, and you said you'd reveal THE PROJECT! Maybe even a photo?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Mimi said...

Jim, I can HARDLY BELIEVE somebody is actually paying attention and what's more, wants to know about the project. I'm having trouble with the camera, but will recharge the batteries and should be able to get pictures on tomorrow.
Until then--oh, I know you'll be unable to sleep for wondering what it is--you'll have to WAIT! (Heh, heh.)If they don't come out, I'll just have to describe THE PROJECT.

Tuesday

Sent a welcome e-mail to my new tenants, mother and daughter, Laura and Prudence. I must remember to check to see if I need to send anything...