Monday, April 30, 2012

Dine Around At Lefty's

After our theatre club reunion, I slept until 7:00; does me good every once in awhile.  Went to Shop-Rite for essentials and came home to apply Resolve to the living room carpet in a wide swath.  This is where I sit to watch my daily T.V. for 45 minutes or so have my wine and nibbles.  It's pale grey (what possessed us?) and needed the cleaning.  Looks pretty good.
Did a bit of other cleaning and checked to see what I have for my luncheon guests tomorrow.  I'm pretty well stocked, I think, aside from dessert, for which I'll just serve fruit.
Walked the three doors down to Dennis and Leslie and we left for the Dine-Around about 6:15,  It was all the way in Barnegat, at Lefty's, and was a lot of fun.  I guess there were twenty people there and it was in a private room.  Betty and Ed W. were the hosts and provided champagne to toast Ed's birthday--his ninetieth.  Yes that's right, a decade less than a hundred--geez.  Aside from the fact that he's in a (motorized) chair (but more like a scooter than a wheelchair), there's no indication of his age.  Looks--I swear--more like sixty or so.
Had a fine time, especially since I was sitting between Les and Sid S., whom I like so much.  He had been in several LETCO productions until his health worsened--he was near death several times--and it was so good to see him looking better and stepping out. All the women got Happy Mother's Day balloons and there were lots of prizes (dollar store stuff) for the winners of the trivia questions.
Didn't get home until close to 10:00, but went to bed right away and got up at 6:00.
Dentist--new dentist--appointment today--ugh!
  

No comments:

Monday

 I slept pretty well, I'm happy to say: got up once, but went back until after 6:00.  Got a call from Zak Dental to see if I could come ...