Tuesday, April 17, 2012

After our walk and exercise, I finally assembled parts for the library display window. Glued different-colored paper to the foam board I already had, then put copies of programs on that. I'm not sure when Funny Money will be, so I put "coming soon" info in. Added some framed shots from previous productions and set it up. I realized it needed more, so went to Staples to order a banner with "Little Egg Theatre Company" on it. Had to leave off the info, then go back later. Talked to the young woman about it and she suggested various formats; you can also add some of their clip art, font design, and background color. I try to put a picture on here of what I selected. Had to go back later to pick it up and shelled out $26. I'll ask our treasurer, Tonya, if I can be reimbursed. I don't think she'll see a problem with that, as the banner is reusable, but I didn't ask first and if necessary, will eat the cost. The display needed still more, so I combed various sites for pictures and sound several I framed and will add today.
Heard back from said Tonya about Susan's proposed horsey ride, and we're going after dinner on Thursday.
Invited Jeanne S. for lunch next week and will also invite Aline and her sister.
Saw in the paper that Harry Stecher has died. He went to school with Pat and when Pat was in the hospital a few years ago, Harry and his wife stopped in to see him (their son was having heart surgery there). The funeral is tomorrow in Margate and I'll go.
Finally, at long last, got the ancestor stuff I used for Frank's book off the dining room table and put away. Now I have to tackle the guest room. Besides that, the outside desperately needs weeding. Oh my, what a tough life I have...
WIDER: So, so refreshing to see anti-bullshit like this:
"In the militarist society in which we live in these latter days of American Empire, all soldiers are “noble heroes” who have signed up at “great personal sacrifice” to “defend our freedoms,” and we are all expected to pay homage and a great deal of our hard-earned money to support them, both in their brutal efforts to subjugate people in desperately poor parts of the world, and (when they leave the service, either to take jobs in the private sector or to live out broken lives if they were wounded) as veterans."
That's from one of my new favorites, "This Can't Be Happening." Here's the site:
http://thiscantbehappening.net/
(Note: Jim, I thought I had done what you said to make a link, abut I'm afraid it wasn't clear to me. I'll keep practicing elsewhere.)

No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...