Saturday, April 28, 2012

Cemetery and Stuff

Walked at 7:00, went to exercise at 9:00, had breakfast, then jumped in the shower before the 11:00 Breeze meeting.  We talked mostly about covers and I came up with an idea I'll exectute and we'll use for the June issue.  Just on the bare possibility somebody from Sunrise Bay reads this--doubtful--I won't mention what it is until after it's out.
Went home and changed, then over to first, Canal's, to replenish my wine cellar (well, a wine holder in the dining room), then to Produce Junction where I bought two Gerber daisies, a gloxina(?), and a tiny pink splash, the last to replace a waning plant in the kitchen.  Got to the cemetery to find I had no digging tool, only two "claw" ones.  Had to use them to dig out a place for the daisies at Pat's grave, but managed, and they look pretty good.  I was pleased, too, to find the azaleas in beautiful bloom.  At Jay's I had great difficulty in putting in the gloxima because, incredibly, the roots of the Mexican heather--an annual!--I had put in last year still won't come out.  Had to put pot and all in the shallow hole, but I think I'll go back today after the Plays And Playwrights meeting in Ventnor.
Didn't get home until 4:00, which is when I had lunch.  Was pleased to get a call from Betty and son, Wes, thanking me for the gifts I sent and announcing new baby's name: Amelia Grace.  So pretty and I understand she and Katy are both doing very well.
  

No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...