Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Errands And Such

Got an early Skype call from P. and N.; it's finally warmer there, I was happy to see.
I had toyed with the idea of seeing J. Edgar, which was being shown free at the library yesterday morning.  Decided to go: It was listed as starting at 10:30 and I got there about five minutes early.  Turned out that first, there was a "business meeting" of Friends of the Library, an octogenarian group if ever there was one, and that took a half hour.  There was then some fuss and bother while coffee was brewed.  Finally, at long last, the movie started (at 11:25), but I had to glare into silence two women in the back chatting away AND ask to have more lights turned out--.  Well, the upshot was, I stayed for about an hour, then fabricated an appointment in Atlantic County, and left.  The movie itself seemed a bit of a bore, although it was hard to realize that with all the distractions.  It did intrigue me enough so I requested a bio on Hoover.
Went to Target in Manahawkin to pick up a few things.  Saw a cute little outfit for the new babe, but decided to go to Babies 'R' Us in Hamilton today instead to get a "preemie size."
The northern dweller had some school obligations in the evening, so came in with sushi after her run and we had California rolls for dinner.  Very tasty.
Heard from Betty: Katy and baby are doing well, Katy out of an induced coma and baby out of neonatal intensive care.  No name yet.

No comments:

Tuesday And Noreen

I had planned to go to Verizon first before my lunch with Noreen. It's down Mills Street from the mall, where the transit center is, too...