Monday, April 23, 2012

Home Again

Home again, home again, jiggedy jig.  Got up north (Jersey) about 9 am on Saturday and up north (Pennsy) about 2:00.  House was pretty much filled with the J. and N., the four boys, N.'s parents, J.'s Dad and wife, assorted friends, and visiting little doggies.  Later, the engaged couple, Carl and Diana came, along with J.'s sort-of-stepsister, Rachel, and her boyfriend.  Next day, we all assembled at the church for the mass and First Communion ceremony.  The boys acquitted themselves well and we went home to a big lunch: cold cuts, a number of salads (I brought my favorite macaroni salad; I have the best recipe for it, everybody says).  The landlord and his wife came, along with their son and his wife, good friends of J. and N..  J., Jr. and T's mom and her boyfriend came and we all talked and ate and enjoyed ourselves. 
Carl and Diana invited both J.'s mother and me to their June wedding; J. is going to be best man and little T. the ring bearer.  That should be great fun--it's been a long time since I've been to a wedding.
We stayed over two nights at the Sherwood Motel in Wellsboro and I got acquainted with the owner, Marcia C.  I was interested to hear she had lived in Japan for eight months--was working for Universal Studies.  Can't remember the name, but it started with an "O."  She also told me about the little theatre group there and gave me some of their brochures and info.  We left this morning about 8:40, after breakfast at the Wellsboro Diner.  Made good time and got back to Jersey about 2:00; I was home by 3:30.  Heard from sister Betty that her son, Wes and wife had their third little girl today.  There are some concerns, but baby and Mommy should be fine.
Called a landscaper guy and he's stopping in this afternoon to give me an estimate for pulling weeds, removing a bush, and so on. 
LATER:  Guy came, name is Eric, gave me a good estimate, I said yes, and the place will look better, at least in the front.

No comments:

Tuesday And Noreen

I had planned to go to Verizon first before my lunch with Noreen. It's down Mills Street from the mall, where the transit center is, too...