Sunday, April 15, 2012

Met Ellen V. at noon for lunch at our usual place, Applebee's. I had a Caesar with chicken--very tasty--and a Blue Moon. Of course, we talked and talked (for two hours, in fact) and I gave Ellen the costumes I had borrowed for Night two months ago. She'll take them back tomorrow; I couldn't go, as I'm picking up Aline for opera.
We hashed over the theatre company, of course, agreeing that Desi can be a real pain. I think more highly of Neil G. than she does, and would love to be directed by him; she didn't care for Tara, whom I hold in great esteem, either. Ellen already knew we couldn't get the rights to OC and have switched to Funny Money. Neil will use the same cast.
Stopped earlier at the library and suddenly remembered I have the display window for April and March. Because I don't yet know the date Funny Money will be staged, I decided to make a montage of past plays along with a teaser such as "...Now we're looking forward to our next production, the hilarious FUNNY MONEY!" or whatever.
I'm still listening to Under The Dome on CD, King's mammoth book. Also got a book I had requested called Defying Hitler, by a German who did just that during WWII. (Now how do we defy our ever-more-powerful and diabolical "leaders"?)

No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...