Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Got two doctor's appointments out of the way: eye doc at 8:15 and was treated to a video on cataracts. Mine are growing, but still not too bad, and I'll be damned if I'll get them done now. I asked Dr. D., after she gave me the obligatory caution that infection cold follow cataract surgery and I could go blind, if I could take Ativan to get through it. Probably, but I'd have to inform the anesthesiologist.
The great news was that the tiny holes in the backs of my eyes which were spotted years ago, have remained stable and should be no cause for concern. (Was she kidding? When it comes to my eyes, I can turn anything into a cause of concern.)
I dislike the fact that the drops they put in affect my vision for a large portion of the day. They did, but cleared, of course, by the afternoon...
...which saw me (heh, heh) at my next doctor's appointment. That was at Dr. W.'s, whom I like so much. I was annoyed to have to wait so long, though; appointment was at 2:30 and I didn't actually see him until 3:30. Ordinarily, I'd have plenty to say about that, but Dr. W. is such a sweetie and he apologized for the wait, that I simmered down. I'll simply make mine the first appointment of the day from now on.
Besides, he gave me all kinds of good news about my blood test results. He carefully went through each item--they test for everything but beri-beri, it seems--and explained why the numbers were so good. He still loves my heart, too.
Excellent and now I'm finished with the medical stuff, I fervently hope, at least until September when he wants me to get another blood test.
Got a slew of errands done as well, including stopping at the library to 1. pick up Suttee, by Cormac McCarthy, which Roger Ebert recommends in his autobiography and 2. change the time of my Dionne Quintuplet program to 3:00 pm (on June 5),
Lunch with Betty today.

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...