Thursday, April 26, 2012

Busy Day

Busy, busy day.  Just after breakfast, I went over to Atlantic County to Babies 'R' Us.  Got three adorable little onsies in preemie size for newby baby in Chicago, complete with a hat and cunning tiny foot coverings.  Added some things for the older sisters (5 and 3), then stopped at the dollar store for boxes.  Went to The Christmas Tree Shoppe to look at the chairs; they have some rather nice and very reasonable "club chairs," but I think one would be too big for the guest room space I have in mind.  Picked up a coupla things there.
Went across to Macy's with an eye toward something to wear to both the Kentucky Derby Party and Carl's and Diana's wedding.  Tried practically everything in the store on, but found nothing for the wedding.  I did buy a nice silk blouse which I'll team up with black pants for the party, and a pair of earrings.  Tried on a bunch of things at Boscov's, too, but found nothing I'd wear to a dogfight,* let alone a wedding.
By the time I got back, it was after 2:00.  Wrapped the gifts and took to the post office.  Stopped on the way at the library and Ellen told me the flyers for my Dionne Quintuplet presentation were in.  They're a little hard to read, it seems to me, but the pictures, which they must have gotten off the Internet, are good.  Nice, but---aagh!--the original date and time were listed, not the new one!  I pointed this out and was told it had been done at some central place and would be changed.  Geez, I hope so.
Home, I got a return call from Mary Ann M., from Cranberry Creek. Called her and agreed to send her something on the Dionne program, so she can put it in their newsletter.  Went out to buy onions.
Finally had a light lunch, but by that time, it was after 3:00.  Cleaned up a few things on the computer and did a wash.  Busied myself with this and that until dinnertime when I made a shrimp, onion, green pepper, and garlic stir fry--very tasty--then decided to run down to Manahawkin.
Went to Kohl's and tried on a lot of things, but found  nothing I wanted to wear to the wedding.  Oh, well, I do have more than a month.  Bought a few items in Wal-Mart, then went home.
I'm toying with the idea of going all the way up to Quakerbridge Mall in Mercer to see if I can get a dress that doesn't make me look like a pregnant hippo.  Hmm...
* An old expression and a weird one, but it conveys the meaning.

No comments:

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...