Saturday, April 14, 2012

Got a call-back from Noreen and we had a very pleasant conversation; she sounds like the kind of person I like. Said I'd like to meet with her to discuss my pending Dionne Quints program at Stafford Library and we decided I'd see her after her "Friends of the Library" meeting next Thursday.
Finally got abound to making an appointment for another dentist and will see him on the thirtieth of this month.
As is my custom twice a year, I switched tableware to my spring/summer set. I know it's weird, but for some reason, it gives me a little lift--something like acknowledging warm weather, which I favor.
Picked Leslie up at 10:45 and we went to the memorial mass for Barb D.'s father. I always thought St. Teresa's was quite beautiful, although modern isn't usually my speed. I found the service interesting. I still know the words and rituals, of course, even though I grew up with the Latin version, but was mildly surprised that some responses have been slightly changed. Somebody told me later the original Latin had been more closely translated. It occurred to me that people from other cultures might find the Catholic practices bizarre or amusing, as we might view a ceremony of the Zulus. Anyway, I enjoyed it, although not in a spiritual sense and certainly not enough to attend with any regularity.
After, there was a nice luncheon in the church out building, catered by Scojo's. I enjoyed being with my friends and the lunch was tasty. There were mounds of food and--a nice touch--take-home boxes, so we all helped ourselves.
Leslie came in to chat when we got home and we had a good visit. She has a new little granddaughter--Amelia Antonia--born on Thursday who, unfortunately, has a heart valve defect and will have to have surgery in a month or so.
Tried to transfer pictures of "the project" onto the computer so I could post them here, but wasn't able. Hope it's the batteries, which I'm recharging; will try again today.
Drove to Manahawkin late in the day. Went to Kohl's for socks and The Home Depot for a "grabber." However, I found it was twenty bucks--highway robbery, as my other cost ten--and didn't buy it. I'll probably go back for it later, but I was annoyed at wheat I saw as a doubling in price. (But was it the same thing, Mimi, and how long ago did you get the old one? No, it was different and about eight years ago. Okay, 'nuff said.)
Made a date to meet Ellen V. for lunch today and will give her my costumes to return to Surflight then.
This is a RED-LETTER DAY for my twin: Thirty years since she's had a drink--yay!

No comments:

Tuesday And Noreen

I had planned to go to Verizon first before my lunch with Noreen. It's down Mills Street from the mall, where the transit center is, too...