Saturday, April 14, 2012

Finally, here's the project.

http://pix.kg/p/445030030508%3A462670833/sct

(I'm afraid I don't know how to just have viewers click on the line; it has to be copied and pasted.)

It's a kind of ancestor journal I made for my brother, Frank. I had done a similar one for my sister on our mutual birthday, but this includes more. I show some representative pages: our Irish and German antecedents first, then our parents' info, their marriage, etc., then Frank's birth (fourth child of six). Besides photos and a narrative, I included copies of documents, such as our great-grandfather's 1823 baptismal certificate from Alsace-Lorraine, with a translation, and our father's listing in an engineer's book, citing his bachelor's and master's degree. There are about forty pages in all, ending with Frank and his Marybeth. Anyway, he liked it a lot and so did his children.

The pictures are more easily seen if you make them full-screen--see bottom right.

3 comments:

Jim Wetzel said...

Thanks for sharing! That's quite a project. Are you a scrapbooking veteran, or just getting started?

In either case, it's nice.

By the way: to make a link, just type a "less than" symbol (<), followed immediately (no spaces) by this text: a href="http://pix.kg/p/445030030508%3A462670833/sct", then a "greater than" symbol (>). That text, between the < and the >, constitutes an HTML tag, and it tells the viewer's browser that it should go to the internets and retrieve what's between the quote marks. (I have to describe it, rather than simply typing it, or it actually will be a tag.) Then you can type the words that will constitute the actual visible part of the link (for example, Mimi's Project), followed by a "closing" HTML tag for the link, which is simply:

/a

between another pair of "less-than / greater-than" brackets (<>). And that's your link. Like this:

Mimi's Project

You can also use tags to make bold or italic fonts (or both) by using an opening tag b or i, or both, preceding the intended text, and closing tags /b or /i or both after the text. Remember that if you use both, the last one opened is the first one closed (they "nest"). And, of course, the tag is contained by the brackets <>.

Have fun! And thanks again for revealing the Project!

iloveac said...

Rosemary,
What a treasure you have given Frank. It's something he can pick up from time to time and reminisce telling stories to his children and grandchildren. I'm sure each photo will prompt a story or two. Good job girl of many talents.

Mimi said...

Thanks for the kind words, you two. No, Jim, I'm far from a scrapbooking veteran; I have friends who are and one glance at my amateurish stuff would probably slay them. Thanks so much for explaining about the link thing. I printed your comment out and will put it to the test tomorrow.

Tuesday And Noreen

I had planned to go to Verizon first before my lunch with Noreen. It's down Mills Street from the mall, where the transit center is, too...