Friday, April 20, 2012

BLOG SETUP HAS CHANGED!

Now what fresh Hell is this?!? The whole look of this blog has changed! It's terrible, horrible, a blot on humanity, I'll never get over... Oh, well, guess I'll live. Met Doreen T. at the Stafford Library at noon. She's the president or chair or leader of Friends of the Library there. She retired as a librarian,once worked in Spring Lake where Susan's from, and is a neat person. No children, but a husband and dog. I had brought a number of artifacts concerning the Quints and she was very interested. I won't be presenting there until Novvember, but was glad to meet her. Since I was in the neighborhood, I stopped at Shop-Rite and got ingretients for the macaroni salad I'm making for Sunday's First Communion party up--way up--north. We leave tomorrow morning and will stay over two nights. Stopped at the consighment shop; am still looking for a boudoir chair, but didn't find anything. Went to Staples and enlarged and duplicated some Quint postcards. Got home about 2:00 and made a big salad for lunch. Spent a lot of time writing out a description of the Quint program I'll do in June. Copied another letter Betty sent me in 1956. I'm trying to find out if NEA (Newspaper Enterprises of America) maintains its 1934 copyrights on Quint pictures and had a "chat" with somebody from Corbis, an outfit that seems to have taken NEA over--maybe. Heard from Jeanne S. and Aline and her sister, Susan, that they can all come for lunch on May 1. Called Creative Styling for an appointment with Leann and, to my horror, she's "no longer with us." (I've often heard this phrase when somebody leaves a shop or office; geez, people say it when someone dies, too. Well, maybe it is a little death in a manner of speaking.) Agreed to have Ashley do it, instead--hope it'll look okay. Have a list of things to do before our trip, so must get hoppin'. Okay, there are problems: I started new paragraphs her, but in the published version, all the text runs with no indentations. Plus, I have no idea where the spell check is AND I clicked on preview and can't see how to get back to compose. Damn, I wish they'd stop changing things that worked better before they started changing things...

No comments:

Monday

 I slept pretty well, I'm happy to say: got up once, but went back until after 6:00.  Got a call from Zak Dental to see if I could come ...