Sunday, June 11, 2017

Saturday

Walked the walk. Spent time on the computer after breakfast, then zipped out to various stores for cauliflower, lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, and dressing. Had some for lunch, along with chicken, and cut up the cauliflower to slow-cook. Finally bought gardening tools; now I have all the components I need, except some of the actual plants.
I'm friends with Joe B. on Facebook; he's Jack B.'s son and I was alarmed to see that Jack is in Southern Ocean Hospital. I called my brother, Larry, to tell him and we had a good talk. He called me back later to say he had spoken to Jack, who's still in, and learned he had a bowel blockage. It was repaired and, seemingly, he's on the mend. Jack and Larry have been best buddies almost literally from birth. They went all through St. James, Holy Spirit, and Villanova together. In fact, Mrs. B. and Mom were also best friends for seventy or so years.
I had sent away for Pure Obsession wrinkle removal (and eye bag cream), received it and dabbed it on my face. Incredibly, it really does work! I put more on my left cheek than the right and that side is noticeably smoother. I think it kind of plumps up something under the skin. After complaining about it on Facebook, I should apologize, I guess.
Bought Father's Day cards for my two boys, son-in-law, and grandson and mailed the overseas ones.
Went to town and parked at the museum, my usual, then walked to the library to get my other mile in. This is getting to be a regular thing with me and that's good. Didn't get home until after 4:00 and found a letter from my adopted fair city, telling me I wasn't selected for the library commission. Their loss and, to be honest, it's probably just as well. I don't think I want to sit in on boring monthly meetings with politicians, as I can't generally can't stand that ilk.

No comments:

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...