Friday, June 09, 2017

Coalition and Caregivers

Walked Kimball and was back here before 8:00. Called The Coalition at 9:00, as instructed, and after some back and forth, was told the driver would be at El's between 11:30 and 11:30. I drove over there and he got there promptly.
He was a nice guy--Mike--and he quickly and efficiently loaded everything into his truck. There was so much, it filled one whole side of the garage out to about four feet, but he did it by himself, even the high bookcase. In the meantime, Greg came home and El called from school. It's all finished, I told them, and stayed to sweep up a bit in the garage.
Went home and had lunch. Called my three "phone friends," then did some chores. Went to the library and had just time to get back, change my pedal pushers (or whatever they're called now), run a comb through my hair, and leave for the wine glass decorating at Caregivers.
This was a little get together for volunteers. It was fun--there was also some real wine to add to the festivities--and I decorated two glasses with the stencils and special markers provided. I'm no artist, but they were okay. We were told we could "set" the paint by putting the glasses in a 350 degree over for twenty minutes, then turning it off and letting them sit for ten minutes. I did this as soon as I got home and now they're stored on a high shelf, probably never to see the light of day again.
At 7:00 or so, I suddenly realized I had made a 9:00 with Rob for my car, forgetting T.O.P.S. is at 8:45--darn! Called him and left a message asking if I could make it 10:30, instead. Otherwise, I'll just have to get weighed without staying for the meeting.

No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...