Saturday, June 24, 2017

Looking Up

Hey, things are looking up. Walked Kimball, then went to T.O.P.S. and had a 2.2 loss, for a current total of 24.2 pounds off. I feel good about that and, next week, I expect to be looking at 25, plus being in the next "decade" (150s), so to speak.
The meeting was as formless as ever and I didn't get home until 10:30 for breakfast. Cheryl brought in an empty pint carton of "ice cream"--only 35 calories a serving. That "serving" is, of course, minuscule--about what a ninety-pound model would eat. Also, the ingredients, which Cheryl had never read, listed three different kinds of sugar. Oh, well. I was able to keep my mouth shut and was proud of that.
Met Ellen for lunch at noon and, having eaten so recently, was perfectly satisfied with my four little Honey Belles and a glass of Chardonnay. We had a good time chatting; El is getting settled in more and more, but still has plenty to do. We parted, she to pick up some things at Lowe's and her mummy to town, to do my mile walk. Went to WinCo after to get salad fixings.
Betty called and we talked a bit. I got a lot of bills paid and other financial stuff taken care of. Now I want to pull together a proposal for Suze of the Ventura Department of Aging. Ventura College will run some classes for seniors in the fall and mine, I hope, will be one of them. When Suze mentioned it, I immediately asked if instructors were paid. She seemed a little taken aback, but assured me they are. I'll be damned if I'll do it on a volunteer basis; it's too much work and I put too much into it.
Showered and washed my hair, and will leave soon for the symposium (women's health) I'm going to today, which starts at 7:30 am. No, I'm not going to blow off Kimball, but will do my thing later today.

No comments:

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...