Monday, April 17, 2017

Easter Sunday

Mindful of my over indulgence on Saturday (food, drink, and cookies), I was determined to get back on my regimen yesterday, and I did. Slept so late I didn't have breakfast until 10:30; after a few chores, I drove into town. Parked in my usual place and walked Main Street.
I walked to what to me is "fountain park," and called Betty to say Happy Easter. We chatted a bit, then I went on my way.
People strolled here and there, but not too many, just enough to make it festive. I went across to the mission where mass was going on, although it was after twelve. I stood in the back a few minutes, then went into the garden next to it. Gee, the plants and flowers are beautiful there. Continued down the street to the library (closed, of course), then crossed the street and walked back. I'd say I covered a mile or so.
Went home for lunch (freshly boiled spinach, leftover stir-fry, and broccoli) and got a text and a phone call and enjoyed them. After I ate, I drove out again, this time to Kimball Park. Until I actually started, I wasn't sure I'd walk the walk, but I did and was glad of it. It was about 4:00 when I completed the mile and a half, so I drove to the beach. Got out and gazed at the gorgeous Pacific for a few minutes, but it was so windy, I didn't stay.
Went home to do a fair amount on the 'puter and have dinner. It occurred to me this is the first time I can remember--in my life, in fact--that I wasn't with family, friends, and/or relatives for Easter. But I was okay with it, content, in fact, and it was a good, winding-down day.

No comments:

Simply Spendid Sunday

I bused to Ojai and got there at 11:00. We waited until Ellen "did" her hair--which means using a kind of revolving brush/dryer to...