Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Car And Ojai

Most of the day was good fun. I got to Rob's Remedies (auto place) early for my 9:00 appointment and Rob drove the car (with me in it) to check for how it handled and sounded. He didn't find any problem with the brakes, as it turned out. He put the car on the lift and explained various things, which went in one ear and out the other, then I left it in his capable hands.
Ellen got there at 9:00, then we picked up Greg, and drove to Ojai. Met the R.E. agent--a very nice woman, born in Ireland--and saw two houses. The first was built the year I was born, 1936--good grief! It had been renovated, but was in dire need of more. A very bad feature is that the living room was an unusually high step up from the kitchen and there were other steps. I'm not sure why it couldn't have all been on one level, but--. The views were gorgeous, of course, but there were a lot of other drawbacks. Incredibly, this place is priced at well over 400k; if it was in Jersey, it would go for maybe a hundred, if it could be unloaded at all.
The second house was nice--great kitchen--but was already under contingency, or whatever it's called. That one, modest though it was, was close to $500,000. Incredibly, those were the only two on the market in Ojai for under that half a mil.
We went to The Hip Vegan for an early lunch. I like their food, but stuck to my practice of simply a glass of Chardonnay and the Honey Belle tangerines I brought with me. Rob called on our way home to say my car was ready. He had done this, that, and the other, and the charge was $99.75, which I thought was reasonable.
El dropped me at Rob's, I got the car, then went home to have my real lunch. After that, I did a few chores, then went to the library to see if I could find Timothy. However, he and the Asian woman weren't there.
Stopped at the AL Assistance thrift store--the classier one--and couldn't resist four beautiful succulent plants. They're in different containers, all very attractive. After I got them home, it was about 4:00 and I intended to go to the beach to sit and relax. However, when I pulled in, I had an annoying incident and exchanged words with a man with a very large dog--naturally, he had no intention of leasing it--and I left.

No comments:

Simply Spendid Sunday

I bused to Ojai and got there at 11:00. We waited until Ellen "did" her hair--which means using a kind of revolving brush/dryer to...