Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Around and About

I didn't get up until 7:45, I guess because I had had trouble sleeping. I was going to give myself a pass from walking, but forced myself and was glad I had.
Went to the Center for lunch. Sat with Marie, Chuck, Sergio, Steve and a guy I hadn't met before, Barry. I liked him a lot (no, not that way) and he invited me to join the lunch group he and Marie are in, called "The Clueless Club" or something like that. I said I'd be delighted, but couldn't this Monday, as the movers are coming. Hmm...this may conflict with the widder group, but I wouldn't mind just alternating or something.
Home, I changed into everyday togs and took the wash to the laundry room. Went back, of course, to put it in the dryer, then fold. Went to Wal-Mart to get a drop cloth; I'm thinking the moving people will don booties, but when El and I take things over, I don't want the carpet soiled.
After, I drove to Ventura Del Sol, as I had a few questions for Assistant Manager Jim. He answered them, then asked if I'd like to see the apartment. Well, sure, and he just gave me the keys without going with me. It still looks good, but I'm glad I saw it again as I have a bad tendency to imagine it as more spacious than it actually is. I still like it, though. Ran into Manager Patti and she showed me where my parking spot will be and so on.
After dinner, never wanted to stay in, I drove to the library. Got an audio for the car on the sinking of the Lusitania (yes, I have weird tastes) and the new Stephen King book.
I forgot to mention in my last post that my brother, Larry, called from Miami on Monday. He asked if I would be coming to their big family gathering at Christmas. I've gone before, but won't this time. It was great to talk to him--he and Helen are in new digs, also--but he's 84 now and seems to have slowed down a lot, even in his speech. He always was a deliberate type, but that saddens me. He said that Helen, two years younger then then is, does little but sit. She's had hip and knee replacements and is also very heavy.
Time is a thief.

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...