Saturday, August 13, 2016

TOPS and The Townehouse

Went to T.O.P.S. Stayed the same in the weight department, but that's okay. Somebody brought in a big bag of what I thought were grapefruits, but no, they were pomelos. I was given one, but haven't tried it yet.
Kept my colon doc appointment at 1:00. He told me to keep taking the ome--whatever it is, but to take only one, unless I get cramps again. He also saw no reason for me to continue taking iron, although my primary said I should. I trust him more than I do her, so I'm going to stop.
Went to Wal-Mart for two more large envelopes to send the rest of the books to the prison guy. Also picked up some shrimp, which I had for dinner.
Got to The Townehouse at 3:30 for the wine and music. I looked for Joe, but didn't see him. As it turns out, he was on the other side of the room. I called him when I got home and he said he had saved a seat for me, but left early because he started coughing. Darn, I feel bad about that, but will go next Friday and see him. I'm going to the widder dinner with Donna, his daughter, on Monday.
Doris came and sat with me. I like her a lot, but she talks all through the music program--incessantly--and that really bothers me. It bothered a resident in front of us, too, and he turned around and complained to us. I don't blame him, really.
Gabrielle called to ask if I wanted to go to a Golden Girls event on Monday, but I'm already going to dinner with "Soaring Spirits." (That's the real name of what I call "the widder group," but I think it's sappy.)

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...