Wednesday, July 13, 2016

The Three from Singapore

Walked Kimball, then did this and that until it was time to go to Ellen's about 4:00. She had called to say they were at the pool and I met them there.
It was such fun to be with Mike and the girls again! Vivian, not quite 12, is so full of pep and verve--and sass--she seems years older at times and a pouty child at others. Violet, who was 8 two days ago, is bright, articulate, and can hold her own in the sister-rivalry department. Plus, they both get prettier by the day, says their perfectly objective grandmother.
I hadn't worn my suit because I had just showered and washed my hair; El wore hers, but only sat at the steps, as she didn't want to get her freshly done hair wet either. The other three swam, splashed, and cavorted and I had great fun watching.
We headed back to El's in an hour or so. Her dishwasher wasn't working--suddenly stopped draining--so we had dinner on disposables; regardless of the dishwasher, that's a good idea, especially in summer, I think. We were all hungry and it was so good. It included El's wholemade guacamole with blue chips, salad, baked beans, corn on the cob, and as requested, I went out to Vons and got a roasted chicken.
After, we played LOGO, a game I gave El and Greg for Christmas. Simply enough, it entails players having to name the brand using certain slogans and pictures. It was a lot of fun in that company, although some of the questions seemed a bit obscure.
Violet opened some late birthday presents from Ellen and me, then we made plans for the visitors to come to my place this morning. I'm not quite sure when--Mike: "When we get up." (he loves to be mysterious)--so guess I'll skip the Kimball walk today.

No comments:

Tuesday

Sent a welcome e-mail to my new tenants, mother and daughter, Laura and Prudence. I must remember to check to see if I need to send anything...