Thursday, July 14, 2016

Fun

Busy, busy, and a mostly fun day. A quick synopsis: Chatted with Betty early on; she's at Carolyn's in Santa Barbara and will have her colonoscopy today. Mike and the girls got here in the morning and after I had shown them around the apartment (took about three seconds), they wanted to go to a playground, so we took them to Thille Park. This is within walking distance, so we did, and met Ellen there. Stayed while they played, then went to lunch. After that, El and I both went home to put on our bathing suits, then met the other three at their motel, and we all repaired to the beach.
It's quite beautiful--the whole coast of California looks like a movie set--but there were a fair number of stones and the land sloped, so it was a little difficult for me. However, the water was fairly warm and the kids and Mike swam and boogie-boarded in it for several hours, El and I just getting our feet wet. We didn't leave until after 5:00.
Back at El's, we stayed at her pool and hot tub, which felt great until about 7:00, then had Domino's for dinner and the girls played "Portal." Had Domino's for dinner, then Mike dropped me off at home about 8:30. El will pick me up today at 11:30 and we'll go to their motel, then to Carolyn's in Santa Barbara.

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...